Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Jungle Book: The Review


Starring: Neel Sethi, Bill Murray, Ben Kingsley, Idris ElbaLupita Nyong'o and Christopher Waken
Directed by: Jon Favreau
Written by: Justin Marks
Based on the novel by: Rudyard Kipling
Rating: 5/5 Unicorns

The Jungle Book was one of the most anticipated movies of the year and after watching it, I can say it did not disappoint. Jon Favreau's  adaptation of the beloved tale is a masterpiece and it is sure to become a Disney classic. Watching it come to life on the screen was exhilarating. The last film I saw that was this visually stunning was Avatar. I was completely engrossed into the story I was witnessing.

It was funny, heartwarming and scary at times. What can I say? Snakes terrify me. The voiceover work was exceptional. Idris Elba delivers an iconic villainous turn as Shere Khan. Bill Murray was sheer perfection as Baloo.

Neel Sethi was delightful. He has a bright future ahead of him after this career making performance.

If you have to see one film this month, make sure you check out The Jungle Book. It was spectacular.


No comments:

Post a Comment