Saturday, April 14, 2012

Top Three Picks

So last night I finally saw The Hunger Games after months of anticipation. As of right now I am still processing how I felt about the film. I will write a review on my upcoming post. There are three films that I do not need any more time processing how I feel about them. They are my top three picks to either rent or see at the cinema.
1. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
I LOVED THIS MOVIE! I did not think I would when I first saw the trailers. I would admit that I did not like the Tim Burton adaption and the the thought of apes  uprising scared me. When I watched the film I became so attached to Caesar. You were really rooting for him which I found incredible.  I was so mad at the animal handlers and it confirmed my belief that animal testing is despicable. I recommend this film for anyone looking for a smart action packed movie. By the last 15 minutes you will be at the edge of your seat. Fantastic.


2. Midnight in Paris
Once again I did not think I would like this movie. I did not know much about the premise. It was on my to watch  list of Best Picture nominees. I was enchanted by this film. By far one of Woody Allen's  best film. The writing was fantastic and well deserving of the Best Original Screenplay award . It was an incredible film that should be on every one's to watch list.


3. 21 Jump Street 
I thought this was going to be another terrible TV show adaptation. When the reviews started rolling in I was intrigued. My sister really wanted to see it, so I came along with her to a matinee. I have never laughed so hard since when I watched Dirty Rotten Scoundrels for the first time back in September. The chemistry between Tatum and Hill is fantastic. Who knew Channing Tatum was so hilarious. He should continue to do more roles like this, he is a natural. Believe the hype, this film is one heck of  a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment