Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Hunger Games!


About two months I was introduced to The Hunger Games by one of oldest and most dearest friends. I had been hearing about The Hunger Games for awhile and I was always intrigued by the fandom. She told me to watch the trailer for the movie and once I did it became must see for this year. I really wanted to the read the books prior to the film release because I wanted to know what it was all about. When I began reading it one January evening at a Barnes & Nobles, I couldn't put it down. I had to purchase the novel instantly and read it in under 48 hours.

The most important lesson I learnt from reading The Hunger Games is never read the first book apart of a trilogy without having the other two books. It was tortuous waiting to find out what happened next. I just recently finished Catching Fire and my love for the books has only intensified. Mockingjay is next on my list. It is so refreshing to see a heroine like Katniss Everdeen and I am excited to see the beloved books come to life on screen. Hopefully Gary Ross(the director) does justice to The Hunger Games and from what I am hearing he has done a fantastic job. When I watch the film, I will write a review. I just hope I like it because I adore the books. I love Jennifer Lawrence and I know she will play a kick ass Katniss. One thing I do  know is I will not be ready to see some of my favorite characters fall before my eyes. When I finally watch the film, I will bring out a box of tissues. Lord help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment