Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Horror Fest: Cabin in the Woods

Halloween is just around the corner which means it is the perfect time for crazy costumes, endless supply of candy and a good scare fest. Over the course of the month I will be listing my personal favorite Halloween flicks. To get this party started here is my first Halloween pick.

 Starring: Chris Hemsworth, Jesse Williams, Kristen Connolly, Fran Kranz, Richard Jenkins and Bradley Whitford
Directed by: Drew Goddard
Written by: Drew Goddard and Joss Whedon
Rating: 4.5/5 Unicorns

Cabin in The Woods is about five friends who decided to spend a weekend at a remote cabin. Unbeknownst  to them they have been chosen to partake in sick game by an ancient organization watching their every move.

If you are in a mood for sick and twisted thrill ride I suggest you check out Cabin in The Woods. I was not expecting to like Cabin in the Woods as much as I did. It was a pleasant surprise. If you are a horror fan, you will be impressed with this clever take on this popular genre. It was unique, campy and hilarious. I did not anticipate the ending and I love that when I watch a film. It leaves you on the edge of your seat and when it is over you are completely satisfied. I absolutely adored this movie and it has secured a spot on my top Halloween films. Honestly what do you expect when the legendary Joss Whedon is the screenwriter.

No comments:

Post a Comment