Thursday, June 30, 2011

Shaun of the Dead

Film: Shaun of the Dead
Director: Edgar Wright
Written by: Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright
Stars: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Kate Ashfield
Rating: 5/5 Unicorns
Every once a well there is a film that reminds you why you love movies. I will be the first to admit that Shaun of the Dead has its moments of cheese but it suites the film so well. This film is probably the best zombie movie besides 28 Days Later(which is a different type of zombie film). It is hilarious and despite its ridiculousness of the situation really real. It has a human quality to it, you feel like you are watching an account of how people would handle a zombie Apocalypse. There would  be no concrete plan, total chaos, humor, tears and fear along the ride. I never stopped laughing. The moment where Shaun went to check out the situation in front of the Winchester  is probably the funniest part of the film. It is a film that really belongs in ones DVD collection. Not even 10 minutes into the film I was asking myself where have you been my whole life?  I know that this film will probably not be everyone's cup of tea but urge everyone to check it out. The sense of humor in the film is similar to another one of my favorites Hot Fuzz which is another Edgar Wright/Simon Pegg vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment