Thursday, May 21, 2020

30-Day Film Challenge: Day 13

  • a film that put you in deep thoughts 
Capernaum (2018)

picture I took when I caught the film

This award winning film was one of the best films I have ever watched.  It moved me tremendously. Nadine Labaki was able to direct a film that dealt with unsettling subject matters with such sensitivity. It was beautiful to witness. Months after the credits rolled in the film, I am still thinking about it. I find myself thinking about the choices parents make. They might seem inhumane and unpractical to someone like me who has lived a privileged life because I have not lived a single day in their shoes.  I find myself contemplating about the sacrifices people make for their families and how we as a society continue to let down our fellow man. Capernaum was a masterpiece that I am forever grateful was created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment