Saturday, May 9, 2020

30-Day Film Challenge: Day One

  • The first film you remember watching
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985)

The Top Ten 'Nightmare on Elm Street' GIFs | Heavy.com
I have been watching movies before my earliest memory. It is difficult for me to recall the first film I remember watching.  I believe the earliest memory was kind of a traumatic experience for me.  Years before the era of streaming. Eons before DVD's. There was an experience known as the Video Home System (VHS). I was two years old and managed to press play on my family's VHS player.  Unbeknownst to me  or perhaps I knew, this film was in. My Dad walked in on time to see tears streaming down my face as I sat on my parent's bed. He asked me what was wrong. I told him that Freddy would not leave the boy alone. Why won't he leave the boy alone Daddy? Why is he bothering him in the shower?  My Dad tried to stop the player but  I was determined to see how the scene would turn out.  I witnessed my first horror movie death. It was an introduction to an iconic slasher villain and to a genre that I would come to love dearly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment