Wednesday, May 13, 2020

30 - Day Film Challenge: Day Five

  • A film where a character has a job you want
Singing in the rain (1952)

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be an actress. I was always fascinated with the glitz and glamour of Hollywood. 


After studying film, I have found my eye being drawn to different aspects of a film.  I am forever grateful that I watched this masterpiece much later on in life. I don't think I would have appreciated or loved it as much if I watched it during my youth. I remember smiling from ear to ear the first time I watched this. It was on a long flight.  As I mentioned earlier, I am a sucker for films about film making. I am also a musical nerd. I blame my Father for making me a huge musical lover. The films with bigger musical numbers always suck me in.  Singing in the rain  checks every single box. 

The film takes place during the transition from silent films to "talkies". It has breathtaking musical numbers, especially The Broadway Melody Ballet that featured the great Gene Kelly and mesmerizing Cyd Charisse.  An absolute treat to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment