Saturday, May 16, 2020

30- Day Film Challenge: Day Eight

  • a film where you liked the soundtrack more
Hercules (1997)
Muses Hercules GIF by Disney
My understanding of this particular point is that I am supposed to choose a film that I do not care for but love the soundtrack. It could have gone in the direction of the Twilight series since I hate Twilight with a burning passion and the soundtrack is better. That one Bruno Mars song is chef's kiss. Growing up, the films that came in the 90's had fantastic soundtracks. Soul Food and Waiting to Exhale soundtracks are masterpieces.
 

I am cheating on this one because I do not hate Hercules. I love Hercules, it was one the films I was considering as my favorite animated films. What makes Hercules amazing is their score. The best score out of any Disney film. Whoever decided to do a gospel theme for Hercules deserves nothing but amazing things in their lives.  From "The Gospel Truth" to " A Star is Born" absolute fire.  My personal favorite is Michael Bolton's  rendition of "Go the Distance". Unfortunately, Hercules is going to be one of films being updated to live animation. I can only imagine Disney will destroy it with their casting. At least I can listen to this score on repeat until that time comes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment